AS IF….Part II
- As if I wasn’t gonna be happy for you, and wish you luck.
- Only you chose the biggest knife in your kitchen, and through my back you struck.
- It’s not that you don’t have the right to move on, but it’s the not knowing why someone you always admired and had high hopes for – suddenly decides you don’t fit to be friends anymore.
- As if we were promised eternal happiness
- But since I valued your friendship the most, I never thought to hurt your feelings.
- Even if I had some feelings for you, I wouldn’t risk dropping the “L” word on you unless I am sure.
- I simply couldn’t afford to lose you over such word, it scares me the most.
- Yet I asked myself again if they were real, but being friends with you was real enough for me.
- Sadly as it may seem, clichéd as it may sound.
- But no one throws an age old friendship on the ground.
- Yet I hoped to celebrate our 1st decade of friendship together.
- Clichéd again as it may sounds, but it was you who were nowhere to be found.
- I never wanted any of this, I never asked you for anything.
- You ran away forever and left me in emotional undress.
- But I will not linger to your shadow anymore, friends or not, you only get what you deserve.
- Ah, yes, but as the philosopher Jagger once said, ‘You can’t always get what you want.
- So you can go and live in your eternal paradise,
- And rest assured honey, I won’t be living in hell either.